Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Flip This Condo



Sunday - Paul rips up entire rug on lower level, including the padding and tacking, and scrapes the floor clean with his new scraping toy from Home Depot. He also removes the upstairs and downstairs bathroom vanity and the upstairs light fixture and patches the holes. I tape and prime the bathroom, unpack most of the remaining boxes and break them down for removal.



Monday night - Paul paints the upstairs bathroom in a manner of perfection reserved for professionals and people with severe ocd's. I quit helping after he snaps at me for getting a spot of paint on the window and instead unpack and organize my closet and dressers and unpack electronics and artwork.



Tuesday night - Paul hangs the new light fixture, vanity, bathroom artwork and replaces all the hardware in the upstairs bathroom. I clean and decorate and the upstairs bathroom is done. He starts prepping downstairs bathroom for new vanity and removes all the shelving from downstairs closets and the back entryway/mudroom. I unpack and organize Pauls closet and dressers and decide where artwork should be hung.



Wedensday night - Paul makes a Home Depot run for a new ceiling fan for the bedroom, paint and a giant ladder. He sands and touches up the paint in the downstairs bathroom, hangs new vanity and fixtures and, once the decor and glamour department comes in (me), both bathrooms are officialy done. According to Paul there is now a strict no bathroom sharing policy in our home. The upstairs bathroom is "mine" and the downstairs bathroom is "his". To reward Paul for his hard work I ordered him a shower curtain with a huge W monogrammed on the front for "his" bathroom.



Thursday night - Team Wormley had the night off for the triplets 4th birthday party in Woodstock IL.

Friday night - Paul and I tape the bedroom and pretty much paint the entire night. The hard work paid off - it came out exactly how I wanted (see Just Like That).

Saturday morning - Paul installs the new ceiling fan and puts a second coat of paint on the bedroom walls. Then we pack up and head to the lake house for the night. Hours later, as I'm driving through Wisconsin with the windows down in the Jeep, snacking on sunburst cherry tomatoes fresh from a farm stand, I realize two things 1. How nice it is to not be smelling paint and 2. There are times when I really love living in the Midwest.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home