You Say It's Your Birthday

Last year I planned a big surprise party for Paul's 30th at De Cero, an awesome Mexican restaraunt in the city. The look on Paul's face when we walked in to the room full of family and friends was enough to teach me a very valuable lesson. Paul really doesn't like surprises, he wasn't just saying that. So this year I provided full disclosure of the birthday plans, and since Paul and Nacho share a birthday month, we decided to celebrate them together. It turned out to be a wise move, since sharing a birthday meant also sharing the spotlight, thus diffusing some of the attention from Paul. In fact, I think we may celebrate all future birthdays with Nacho. So last night we got a bunch of our favorite peeps togther for a fancy steak dinner at Pete Millers in Evanston. I had high expectations for photo taking until the camera battery died after one photo and I had left the spare in the Jeep. Oh well, at least we have the memories.
Dinner was followed by drinks at the bar for the birthday boys. When we left Nacho, because Paul announced he was seeing double, his wife was patiently waiting to carry him home while he finished his final birthday beer. Here are a few photo's I took once we got back in the Jeep. In the time it took me to switch out the battery, Paul was passed out in the passenger seat of the car.



2 Comments:
Love your husband and can't wait to meet him!
Are you sure he's not a Currier?
Post a Comment
<< Home