Monday, September 17, 2007

Vegetable Medley














I’m reading the very amazing book, Animal, Vegetable, Miracle by Barbara Kingsolver and have developed a minor obsession with buying food locally. I’ve been shopping at the Evanston Farmers Market, trying to pay closer attention to the things I buy in the supermarket and researching cooperative farms that deliver direct to the consumer. When we spent the weekend on Paul’s grandparent’s farm in Oswego I raided the garden and brought back all these beautiful, locally grown, vegetables. Stay tuned for recipes because, eventually, I'll have to cook them.

Find local Farmers Markets in your area

Learn about Community Supported Agriculture

Research Direct Sale Farms

2 Comments:

Blogger Swindells said...

Hey Rosemary

I love Farmers Market there is alot in CAlifornia!!! I try to get my veggies from there too! Thanks for the links on finding more in my area!!

9/20/2007 6:08 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh.My.God.

Could you have any MORE free time on your hands?

I'm lucky I have any food in my house to cook, nevermind where it came from! :-P

10/02/2007 9:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home