Monday, June 02, 2008

Waiting For The Baby, Keeping Ourselves Busy

On Friday we welcomed our newest nephew into the world. John George was born to Matt & Alexis in the afternoon and we spent most of the evening at the hospital with them hoping my water would break so we could just settle in a room next door (it didn't).














On Saturday we bought new rugs for the dining room and I was reminded how little you can really do on your own when you're 9 months pregnant. Paul had to come to the store, carry both rugs up to the register, out to the car, into the house and then move all the furniture around to lay them underneath while I just followed him around and stood over him to tell him when they were in the right position. You might think this would be fun but I found it incredibly frustrating and even tried to lift one end of the dining room table at one point before getting a stern reprimand from my husband.














We also took our annual trip to Mayfest for German beer (I was drinking not quite as delicious American water), brats and sauerkraut, and unparalelled people watching. Mayfest always reminds us we officialy live in the best neighborhood in Chicago.










































On Sunday we walked along Lake Michigan and relaxed at home. I think Paul and Abby were still feeling the effects of Mayfest...















1 Comments:

Blogger Coleen said...

Glad to hear you're out and about. Mayfest looks like my kind of fest. Maybe I'll come up to Chicago next year for Mayfest to tie one on!

6/03/2008 4:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home