The Whole Family's Doing It
Last weekend we were in Lake Geneva and the neighbors were cleaning out their garage. They put out a round wood table with 4 small wood benches, all in perfect condition. I mentioned that the benches would look perfect painted red and set around the perimeter of our courtyard back in Chicago. Without even having to be asked, Paul caught the neighbors as they were pulling into their driveway, asked if we could take the benches, and moved them into the lake house basement for painting.Earlier this week our downstairs Chicago neighbor put a lobster pot out by the trash. Paul promptly picked it up, inspected it, and declared it perfect for boiling corn on the cob at the lake house. I'm not sure how I feel about picking up a food serving item, even though it wasn't technicaly in the trash and I sterilized it 7 times in our dishwasher, but I didn't want to discourage his efforts.
We better have this baby soon or it's going to seem like all we do is pick trash around here...


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home