Date Night In The New Hood

I got the new, General Contracter (GC) version of my husband to take a break from projects Friday night and go on a date with me in our new hood. We walked to Lincoln Square (there actualy is a Lincoln Square in Lincoln Square) and had dinner at Cafe Selmarie, followed by beers at The Chicago Brauhaus. Dinner was amazing, but I'm skipping all that and going straight to what turned out to be the main event: The Brauhaus.
The Chicago Brauhaus has live German music, dancing on a real parquet dancefloor, and about 100 different kinds of German beers. When the band, dressed in full oompah regalia, comes out with a good one the crowd sings along. In German. There was an 80 year old couple sitting at a reserved table by the dance floor that danced, expertly I might add, to EVERY song. Paul thinks they were hired for the evening. I think he's right. Virtualy everyone in the place was smoking WITH dinner. Literaly - fork in one hand, cigarette in the other. Yum. The chef, a giant German man, came out about an hour into our visit and downed several shots at the bar before going back into the kitchen. I was dying to get a crowd shot, but too embaressed to turn around actualy take a picture of unsuspecting diners, so Paul put the camera on the bar in an attempt to capture the ambiant red lighting and the retro decor. This is what we came up with. It doesn't begin to do it justice, but it's close:

Needless to say, this is officially our new favorite place in Lincoln Square. Or anywhere. Check it.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home