Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Bird Dog














When we adopted Abby she was clearly a suburban dog. One walk through our neighborhood and it was clear she had never heard a motorcycle before or seen any form of public transportation. So I was a bit worried when Paul wanted to take her into the field. Even though labs were bred to be bird dogs, and Abby does a great job of stalking the pigeons at the park, I couldn't imagine her sitting patiently in the field, ignoring gun fire and running off to retrieve the birds on Paul's command. But whatever. Paul really wanted to see how she would do and I knew Abby, if nothing else, would love running around in a corn field all day with her Daddy and Uncle Matt. She also got a sweet blaze orange collar out of the deal, which makes her look awfuly sporty. Just like a real bird dog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home