Lincoln Square
Favorite things about the new hood:
1.The Food Shopping - Unlike Evanston, where my options were Whole Foods, fancy bread bakeries and artisan cheese shops, the ethnic diversity of my new neighborhood allows me to find anything and everything I could possibly want, from Greek to Italian to Mexican. I got emotional at the butcher counter of a local European market because they had beef for stew, let you choose your cut of meat AND had all the Italian cold cuts needed to make a good pizagena. All of which I hate, but it made me miss home. I even bought a half pound of capicola for $4.99, which neither Paul or I eat, just because it was the first time I've even seen it for sale since leaving Boston. At last check it was still in the fridge untouched, looking rather disgusting.
2. The Fountain - the fountain is in the middle of the square and lights up at night. I like anything that lights up, so the fountain made the list. It could only be better if it was adorned with tiny white christmas lights.

3. The Farmers Market - every Tuesday morning in the parking lot next to where I catch the train.
4. The Chicago Brauhaus - see Date Night In The New Hood

5. EVERYONE has dogs! I am sooooo close to becoming a dog owner again. I can feel it. My husband will not be able to deny me in this neighborhood.
Find out more about my fabulous new hood!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home