Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Shut Out In San Francisco

I'm declaring shenanigans on the the new ad campaign for Dunkin Donuts . Paul and I were out in San Francisco this past weekend for a wedding and, apparently, San Francisco Does Not Run On Dunkins. Two very serious delayed hangovers could have been avoided had we been able to find a Dunkin Donuts any where in the Bay Area.

Now, the East Coast lacks some fantastic California establishments, such as In and Out Burger, but no Dunkin Donuts? What's wrong with you people?

I'll admit I was mystified, but apparently it was keeping Paul up at night because I got this email this morning:

From: Paul Wormley
Sent: Tuesday, August 29, 2006 9:57 AM
To: Rosemary Kean
Subject: DD in CA


I did a bit of research online. Seems DD gave it a go in CA a few years back. See the link below.

Biz Journal Article
Food Service Article


Looks like a bunch of people in CA share your desire for a DD on their local street corner. It's amazing to me that with this kind of interest there is not a market for DDs in CA.

DDs website lists TOGOs and Baskin Robbins franchise opportunities in CA, but no mention of DD.

Sounds like we need to find someone at DD Corporate to get some more info on this opportunity.

PDW


So basicaly my husband is on the job and when he "finds someone at DD Corporate" maybe we can answer the age old question: "Why does Cali show DD no love?"

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there! So I checked and Seattle seems to have 2 Dunkin Donuts. They are 0.2 miles apart. And both are about 10 miles from where we live. Where does a girl have to go for a donut around here??

9/06/2006 1:02 AM  
Blogger Swindells said...

Hey Rosemary,
Know how you feel. I live in southern CA for the last five years and crave Dunkin Donuts all the time it sucks! They have tried one in OC once years ago sometold me and it failed I just don't understand considering how many people from the east coast live out here.

9/10/2006 3:45 PM  
Blogger Swindells said...

Hey Rosemary,
Know how you feel. I live in southern CA for the last five years and crave Dunkin Donuts all the time it sucks! They have tried one in OC once years ago sometold me and it failed I just don't understand considering how many people from the east coast live out here.

9/10/2006 3:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home